Jump to the following questions:
- Can you explain a bit about your background and journey into corporate development?
- How did you go about finding your role?
- Can you give a brief overview of what a role in corporate development at LinkedIn entails?
- What did a typical day for you look like when you first started at LinkedIn versus now?
- How could a corporate development role vary by company?
- Do you have any tips for people looking to pursue a role in corporate development?
My path into corporate development, or finance in general, was a bit of a zig-zag. In undergrad (UCLA), I majored in Electrical Engineering but during senior year, I realized that I had no interest in pursuing engineering as a career and, instead, decided to pursue the business/strategy path. My formal business education began with management consulting (L.E.K. Consulting) where the rigour and excitement of working in a fast-paced, result-driven culture fed my natural curiosity to tinker with complex problems. However, I became more drawn towards building companies rather than consulting for them so I joined an operations/product role at an entertainment startup in LA (theAudience), where I spent 3.5 years.
By that point, I had decided that I’d be spending a career in the world of business but felt I needed to build out a stronger finance skill set to round out