Jump to the following questions:
- Can you give a quick ‘elevator pitch’ about Nested.com?
- Can you explain a bit about your background and journey to your current role?
- Can you give a brief overview of the core responsibilities of your role as Chief of Staff?
- Can you break down your main tasks and what your day-to-day might look like?
- How does the Chief of Staff role vary by company?
- Do you have any tips for people looking to pursue a Chief of Staff role?
Nested was founded about four years ago by Matt Robinson, James Turford and Phil Cowans. Matt (the CEO) was looking to purchase a home and while going through the entire purchasing process he realised that the process itself today in the UK is broken. It's very long and drawn out with poor transparency and that there are a lot of benefits to being a cash buyer, though not many people have the option. One being, you can negotiate better, which is where the concept for the original kernel of Nested was. We wanted to promise home sellers that if we couldn't sell their home in a certain period, we would provide a cash advance upfront of 95% of the value of your property. That way they could break the chain and move onward, and then we would manage the sale for you.
The vision for Nested today is that we want to be the redefined estate agent. Considering that estate agents, for the most part, just help you with your sale, collect their commission, and some provide some kind of sales progression service to you. Nested is bringing modern tools to the process, a sleek customer journey with a digital experience behind it and a host of other value-add services....