Director of Business Operations
Hiperpool Talent Sponsors were able to identify and put forward numerous members from the community that were interested in joining Forge. One member made it to final stages and received an offer a few months after starting the process.
Hiperpool Talent Sponsors and Client Success Managers were active on behalf of members and employers throughout the process, providing support and guidance at every step of the way.
Forge (formely Equidate) is the stock market for private companies. Forge gives accredited investors access to the most successful private companies in the world. Our secure platform makes it easier than ever to add pre-IPO equity to your portfolio—or gain liquidity if you're a shareholder—in a reliable, legal, and company-friendly way.
The Director of Business Operations role is in charge of owning client relationships and delivering on transaction outcomes. As such, intimate knowledge of client relationships in capital markets is an absolute must-have, and familiarity with deal execution is a major plus (particularly with longer duration transactions such as the private placements space in which we operate).
We are expecting 4-10 years of prior experience for this role.
- Relentless commitment to client service above all else
- Thorough, with a very high attention to detail
- Motivation and drive to build relationships, close transactions, and generate growth -- overall, take the utmost pride in your work
- Organized and systematic with communication
- Meticulous attention to client engagement and deal process
Responsibilities: Business Development
- Outreach and development of new relationships with asset managers, wealth management platforms, angel investors and other clients on the buy side.
- Build relationships with sellers ranging from individuals (founders, executives) to venture capital/private equity firms and their limited partners, on an ongoing basis, to strengthen Equidate's mindshare, and provide liquidity when the time is right.
- Leverage relationships to expand Equidate's access into the right networks -- be it Silicon Valley communities, HNW individuals, angel groups, or family offices.
- Cater to and grow inbound and outbound relationships and inquiries; work with growth engineering team to automate, sync and scale client engagement.
- Get creative and clever -- whether in getting in front of the right people, tailoring opportunities for clients, or brainstorming a path forward on a potential deal.
- Regularly engage and meet with client base to demonstrate expertise and add value -- provide insight into the market, deal flow information, structural elements of the market, transaction process.
Responsibilities: Sales and Deal Process
- Align transaction demand and supply across rounds and time to manage price and volume alignment.
- Once aligned, work with operations, legal, and other stakeholders to manage a tight process, and display consummate professionalism
- Own your outcomes -- play a key role in bringing relationships from deal match to confirmation and close.
- Collaborate with distribution channels and partners to manage market activity, grow deal flow, and source demand and supply when needed, in addition to inbound interest from our clients.
- Maintain a cool head in uncertain deal scenarios, and think a few steps ahead to make sure that issues and risks are identified early and averted.
Responsibilities: Enable team and streamline processes
- Build intimate familiarity over time with different private company processes; different client-type preferences; different structures and their respective documentation / processes.
- Work with engineering / product to ensure right tools are built to automate all deal processes, including enabling and improving CRM processes.
- Proactively identify ways to automate and scale deal operations, and drive such initiatives.
- Regularly vet processes to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, potential risks, and identify / implement solutions.
- 4–10 years of experience in Investment Banking, Private Placement or Business Development
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Very strong communication skills