Hiperpool’s Talent Sponsors were able to identify numerous members from the Hiperpool community that were interested in ComplyAdvantage. Ultimately, 12 relevant members were shortlisted and shared with the employer, with two members interviewed. One member received an offer and joined the team as a product Analyst.
Hiperpool Talent Sponsors and Client Success Managers were active on behalf of members and employers throughout the process providing support and guidance at every step of the way.
ComplyAdvantage helps firms make intelligent choices when complying with regulations relating to sanctions, money laundering and terrorist financing.
We combine Artificial Intelligence and machine learning with industry expertise to allow firms to tailor a risk-based approach to their compliance obligations. Our solutions enable companies to improve how they onboard and monitor clients, screen payments and monitor transactions by reducing false positives and speeding up processes, all delivered by flexible, RESTful APIs.
Founded in 2014 with offices in London, New York City and Cluj-Napoca, ComplyAdvantage works globally with some 350 firms in the financial markets and other regulated high-risk sectors.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital, and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally. To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people on board to help us.
About our Adverse Media product:
Our innovative approach to adverse media / negative news screening makes use of cutting-edge machine learning models in extraction, classification, and matching. We are able to cover significantly more media with better insight, and in real time, with less than a dozen ML engineers (all leading experts in their fields) compared to the manual approaches used by legacy players in this industry. Adverse media is the primary focus of machine learning at ComplyAdvantage, and serves as the basis for our planned growth into other AI-enhanced product offerings. From a product perspective, the AM team is led by this role's hiring manager: an ex-Bain & Co. consultant with leadership experience at other startups, and graduate degrees in machine learning and statistics
What You'll do:
As a Product Analyst, you will work closely with your product’s Product Manager, the machine learning team building our world-leading technology, and our commercial teams. You will provide critical insight supported by qualitative and quantitative analyses, be able to bridge understanding between technical and non-technical teams and be able to push our product forward in order to provide the world’s best adverse media solution.
What does success look like in 12 months?
- You are seen as an expert on our adverse media products
- You are contributing towards the adverse media product vision and roadmap
- You deeply understand our users and their needs
- You have helped build the culture and practice of Product throughout the technical teams that you work with - the mindset of "understand, build, measure, improve" is pervasive
- You have collaborated closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure that current and prospective clients understand the value of our products
- 1 - 3 years' experience in consulting or in a similar role at a startup
- Strong technical and analytical skills required, including a relevant degree (math, stats, engineering, etc).
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to linguistics, data science or machine learning a plus
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others for better decision making