D. A. A.
Manager, Business Operations
The Hiperpool team quickly identified numerous members from the Hiperpool community that matched Better.com's requirements. Most members were excited by the opportunity to work within the fastest growing homeownership companies in America and their mission to shake up the industry!
Hiperpool Talent Sponsors and Client Success Managers were active on behalf of members and employers throughout the process, providing support and guidance at every step of the way.
Better.com is one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in the country, having grown 3.5x year-over-year and funding over $700 million in mortgages a month. The fintech disruptor took apart the home-financing ecosystem, replacing it with a digitized process that eliminates commissions, fees, unnecessary steps, and time-wasting appointments. In 2019, Better.com also launched homeowners insurance, title insurance and real estate network.
Better.com has raised more than $250M in equity from Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express Ventures, Ally Financial, Citi and other investors. We’re adding new colleagues at a rapid clip, so much so that we’re moving our current headquarters to Three World Trade in downtown Manhattan. Within the last 12 months, we’ve opened offices in Costa Mesa, CA, Irvine, CA and in Charlotte NC. For context, at this time last year, we had 200 employees total and now we have 1200 employees, a 500% increase. We have plans to hire thousands more people across the country and in early 2020, will be opening offices in Honolulu, Kansas City and Las Vegas. We’ve won a variety of awards, for our workplace and technology.
We were recently ranked on Crain’s “100 Best Companies to Work for in NYC”, listed #11 of Fortune’s “60 Best Companies to Work for in NY” (Fortune named us #11, worth a pause!) and we also won National Mortgage News and American Banker’s “Best Mortgage Companies to Work For” 2019. We also just placed #964 on Inc. Magazine’s “5000 Fastest Growing Companies in the US”, and we won Wealth & Finance International Magazine’s “Fintech Award for Best Digital Mortgage Disruptor.”
The business operations (‘BizOps’) team at Better is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and solving Better’s most critical business challenges in a fast-moving environment. We are known by many unofficial names, “the nerve center of the business”, “the glue across the org”, “a SWAT team for the executive leadership” - essentially a mix of strong analytical capabilities, sharp business acumen and get-stuff-done mentality. We use a structured approach to drive company strategy across major business functions, develop operational plans to enable innovative offerings and lead execution against our recommendations.
As part of the BizOps team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to shape and build out BizOps. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Identify, prioritize and solve ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing company
- Gather and analyze information to generate actionable insights
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) and derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions (e.g., operations, product, marketing, capital markets, corporate) through our strategic planning and OKR cycles
- Lead end-to-end execution on major, cross-functional company initiative
- You are a strong performer with at least 3-5 years of experience in business operations / management consulting at a top-tier firm
- You have a bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- You have strong data analysis, data modelling, slide writing and presentation skills; SQL experience strongly preferred
- You’ve worked previously with an early-stage company / have tangible experience building something from the ground up