International Commercial Project Manager
"I was considering my next steps professionally but wasn’t actively looking. I joined Hiperpool because it matched my desire to keep an eye on opportunities without the hassle. The whole process felt both low-admin but very targeted. As a result, I’m in a great role in a great company, that I otherwise might have missed."
Ocado Group is a technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £1.6bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world-class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to their partners.
The Ocado Solutions Commercial team is responsible for:
- Signing new international partners, managing the full sales process from research and initial contact to detailed joint work and ultimately contract signing.
- Realising new commercial opportunities with existing partners
The ICPM will support the Ocado Solutions leadership team on various business development projects, for prospective and existing partners. The ICPM will demonstrate a strong level of ownership and autonomy to run projects, coordinating the various work streams overall (Tech, Logistics, Network Planning, Legal, etc.) and being the main day-to-day project lead on the commercial workstream, building up business modelling and driving strategic commercial decisions.
- Top-quality university degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent)
- 4-5+ years in strategy consulting with experience in Retail/FMCG or in a strategy/business dev. team in Retail industry or in investment banking with retail experience
- High proficiency in Excel, data analysis and financial statements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Excellent team player, able to bring different skills and personalities together in a cohesive and productive way
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills