Back to Succes Stories
Prescient Healthcare Group logo

Position to fill Engagement Manager, Prescient Advisory

London, UK

Story

.

About the company

Prescient Advisory, a Prescient Healthcare Group business, is a specialist advisory firm focused on helping biopharmaceutical clients create clinical and commercial strategies that deliver differentiated and valuable brands. Our experts with PhDs, MDs and MBAs combine deep therapeutic and functional expertise with a passion for helping develop, launch and market medicines that expand treatment options, optimize patient outcomes and deliver high levels of return.

Founded in 2007, Prescient Healthcare Group has global reach and specialized capabilities, with six offices across three continents. Our team of more than 150 experts works with 22 of the top 25 biopharma companies, the fastest-growing mid-caps and cutting-edge emerging biotechs, including some of the biggest and most innovative brands. More than 80% of our employees hold advanced degrees and deliver impressive depth of therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise, a wealth of relevant experience and knowledge of best practice and common pitfalls.
 
Our work is truly global, with about 65% of our engagements being focused on the mature markets of North America, Europe and Japan. The remaining 35% of work is concentrated on helping clients realize opportunities in the emerging markets of APAC, LATAM and EMEA. We support innovative products in oncology, hematology, immunology, respiratory disease, cardiology and metabolic disease, neurosciences and infectious diseases. And we are heavily involved in biosimilars, generics, vaccines and rare diseases.

Prescient has been a portfolio company of Baird Capital since 2017.

About the role

As an Engagement Manager, your time will be divided as follows:
  • 60% project delivery
  • 20% client business development (mixture of existing and new clients)
  • 20% Advisory business growth and team-development activities

You will be part of a fast-growing PE-backed business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and be part of our leadership team. You will have the chance to channel your advanced degree into strategising the development and commercialisation of portfolios, assets and brands by integrating therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise to ensure that clients are able to make confident decisions.

You will join a start-up team with an established client base and play an important role in developing and implementing its growth strategy. You will be responsible for executing successful advisory engagements across our clients’ product and company life cycles, and for growing revenue within both new and existing accounts. As your clients will mainly be in Europe and/or the US, the Engagement Manager position requires a thorough understanding of evolving biopharma trends in these markets. Many projects will also involve global client stakeholders; therefore, knowledge of drug development and commercialisation in other markets is also desirable.

Requirements

  • One or more of the following degrees: PhD in life sciences; MD; MS/MBA combination; MBA
  • More than 5 years of professional experience, of which at least 3 years are in consulting
  • Excellent business development skills to cultivate and grow existing client relationships; strong account management skills
  • Exceptional framing and solution-forming skills
  • Extensive experience leading and developing consulting account teams
  • Confident communication skills to interact with clients on a peer-to-peer basis and provide subject matter expertise

Ready for more exciting stories?

Start your own succes story

Become part of our exclusive community of professionals.

Sign up now
Hiperpool and our advertising partners use cookies to improve your website experience and provide you with personalised advertising from this site and other advertisers. By clicking "allow" or navigating this site, you accept the placement and use of these cookies for these purposes.