Science Exchange is an award-winning enterprise B2B marketplace platform that is changing the way R&D outsourcing is conducted. Currently implemented at the majority of the top 50 Biopharmaceutical and many Biotech organizations, Science Exchange has paved a market leading position, saving thousands of hours for scientists, and millions in cost savings for our customers across the world. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners.
Science Exchange is a fast-growing company on a mission to enable breakthrough scientific research. We connect researchers and service providers through our online marketplace and hands-on concierge service, and promote scientific collaboration that will help improve the quality and efficiency of research. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make. We have a radically candid culture in which we hold each other to high expectations.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager of Business Development with a seasoned business, technology and/or management consulting background in life sciences to join our highly talented and growing Global Business Development team. The role will be Director / Senior Director level depending on the candidate’s experience.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing and owning senior-level relationships with large enterprise clients within Science Exchange’s portfolio book of business;
- Maintaining and achieving revenue growth target YoY within assigned accounts;
- Working with key client stakeholders on the rollout and expansion of the Science Exchange SaaS platform across categories of research and within different therapeutic areas;
- Maintaining a robust opportunity pipeline, including qualifying, validating, and assessing growth opportunities within existing accounts;
- Maintaining a “customer-obsessed” mindset and framework; Delivering excellent customer service and satisfaction to all level of stakeholders;
- Successfully positioning and communicating Science Exchange’s unique capabilities to prospects and clients, supporting and managing change management programs for the successful adoption of the software through the preparation and successful delivery of client materials, program plans and presentations;
- Working cross-functionality with product leadership and commercial operations teams to monetize on strategic growth opportunities in existing accounts and to communicate customer needs;
- Prospecting for new opportunities e.g. networking, lead generation, relationship building, lead follow-up, with an end goal of executing a business agreement with new potential clients;
- Close collaboration with senior leadership and C – suite on the execution against Science Exchange’s commercial strategy and operating plan;
- Representing Science Exchange at conferences and industry networking events;