We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Strategy Manager will be part of the Investor Services (IS) Strategy Group and report directly to Managing Directors and interact with senior members of Schwab’s leadership team and executive partners. This team works on core business strategy for the retail business unit of the firm, which handles approximately 50% of the firm’s assets and generates over 70% of its revenue.
The IS Strategy Group is one of the main intake points for premier talent at Schwab, providing the Strategy Manager with an unparalleled opportunity to work on the major strategic and operational issues confronting the business while gaining visibility among the firm's executive and senior leadership. This team is a unique entry point for those who want to transition to significant leadership/line management roles at Schwab.
THE TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Insights: Deliver world-class strategic insights and recommendations
- Analysis: Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions
- Prioritization: Drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest value issues across Schwab
- Communication: Develop high impact presentations for key audiences, including the c-suite, Board, analyst community, and regulators
- Partnership: Cultivate strong relationships with business partners across the company to inform and align strategy work, and to actively support the transition from recommendation to execution
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues
- Develop strategic insights that will drive sustained growth in our business
- Gather data through research and interviews
- Plan and execute your own workstreams for discrete projects or subsets of projects
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Ensure quality control of data/research and preparing presentation materials for senior management