Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safe, green and connected solutions which are enabling the future of mobility. The company has over 160,000 employees across 15 technical centers and 126 manufacturing locations in 44 countries and generates over $14B in revenues per year.
Aptiv traces its roots to Delphi, which originated from General Motors’ spin-off in 1995 of its Automotive Components Group. In December 2017, Delphi completed the spin-off of its former Powertrain Systems segment into a new publicly-traded company, Delphi Technologies (NYSE: DLPH). The remaining businesses – re-named Aptiv (NYSE: APTV) – focused on addressing the future needs of the auto industry through improved safety, electrification, and new mobility solutions. We are now uniquely positioned as the leading global technology company serving both the traditional automotive and new mobility markets.
Our Strategy team is instrumental to the most important business decisions the company makes. If you are up for the challenge and interested in growing with Aptiv, you will find the role to be highly rewarding and impactful as you deliver results. Above-market growth enables Aptiv to create opportunities and advance people on merit, including moving members of the Strategy team into key leadership and P&L roles within the broader company.
This is an exciting, high-impact opportunity to help shape the course of one of the world’s leading automotive technology companies. As a member of the Strategy team, you will work closely with our CEO, his direct reports, and senior executives in our businesses to define, plan, and execute Aptiv’s long-term strategic priorities.
- Future platforms – Seeding the next wave of Aptiv’s growth, while diversifying business models and end markets (e.g. automated driving, connected services, and adjacent markets)
- Current platforms – Improving our commercial execution and increasing our scale and relevance in fast-growing product areas (e.g. ADAS, future vehicle architecture, high-voltage electrification)
- Business foundation – Optimizing our global execution capabilities (e.g. human capital, quality & delivery, customer & regional mix, and footprint & efficiency)
- Executing consulting-like projects, working closely with stakeholders in our businesses and corporate functions – includes structuring the problem, gathering and analyzing data, generating insight, translating into written output, and delivering executive-level readouts and recommendations
- Developing fact bases and market models around key product segments and technology trends, e.g. ADAS adoption, electric vehicle penetration, transition to software-defined vehicle architectures, etc.
- Conducting detailed analysis of customers (e.g. automotive OEMs) and traditional / new competitors (e.g. other automotive Tier 1s, technology companies, etc.)
- Shaping and driving content creation for executive leadership in key meetings (e.g. updates to Aptiv’s Board of Directors, investor meetings, etc.)