AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Their mission is to empower decision-makers to leverage globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on them to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
As a Senior Analyst on AlphaSights’ Strategy & Analytics team, you will play an important role in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment. You will be instrumental in supporting data-driven performance measurement, analytically grounded decision-making, strategic planning, and workforce enabling along a number of key dimensions that are essential to AlphaSights’ growth agenda. You will be based in London but will work with employees from across the organization opening (both regionally and functionally) to execute strategic projects.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making across a range of topics, by extracting data from proprietary systems, performing quantitative analyses, interviewing internal/external stakeholders, drawing valuable insights, and presenting conclusions clearly
- Collaborate with stakeholders in product, data science, engineering, and commercial business units to identify, prioritize, structure, and manage complex issues that drive product and technology innovation priorities, and demonstrate bottom-line results
- Build and manage frameworks, processes, and materials to maintain operational consistency and alignment across teams
- Design and conduct primary quantitative and qualitative research to identify gaps in client needs to inform both product and commercial priorities
- Continually iterate with and anticipate the needs of commercial business segments to improve client satisfaction and the commercial value of our offering
- Effectively manage data requirements across functions, build dashboards which showcase management information relevant to commercial business segments and internal stakeholders, and help to identify opportunities for growth and improvement
- Take ownership for the real business results and impact associated with the strategic initiatives you implement
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- 2-4 years of professional experience required ideally as an Associate / Analyst within a consulting firm, strategy role, product role, insights role or similar
- Experience working with product or technology teams is a strong plus
- 2:1 or above achieved in a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g. Business, Economics, Marketing, Analytics, Engineering
- Strategic, creative thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple business segments
- Experience scaling programs and communicating to multiple levels of an organization.
- Direct experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (comfortable writing survey questions, discussion guides, qualitative interviewing, orchestrating focus groups, A/B testing)
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, meet tight deadlines and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of Powerpoint
- High proficiency in Excel and Word
- Proficiency in SQL or fundamental understanding of relational databases
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Periscope, etc.) is a plus
- Must pass a quantitative-based test for the application to be progressed