3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is a global science company that never stops inventing. Our inventions have improved daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. With over $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Scientists, researchers and marketers work across countries and across subjects to solve challenges big and small.
3M is science applied to life. At 3M, we are in your cell phone. We are in your car. We are at your doctor’s office. You are never more than 10 feet from a 3M product. 3M helps make it possible for many other companies to do what they do.
At 3M, we produce a mind-bending 55,000 products. Our technology expertise started over 100 years ago with ceramics, turning minerals into sandpaper. This expertise has grown to span 46 technology platforms, with thousands of products and applications. Our scientists are experts at combining our core technologies to invent a surprising range of products. Our people and our products reshape the way we live our lives every day.
From celebrating new ideas to uncovering fresh uses for tried and true products, 3M solves problems for people, for communities and customers around the world.
As a Sr. Manager, Strategy & Marketing Development, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the company.
Here, you will help drive company-wide projects, manage and develop new hires and contribute to program operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead a mix of 2-4 high-level projects across strategy, business development and marketing to successful completion. Develop and create actionable recommendations to solve complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Provide leadership and expertise for decision-making and input to the strategy and operations of SMD overall. Support the strategic evolution of the SMD program, 3M’s internal project-based consultancy comprised of recently hired MBAs, through organization design and leadership development objectives. Collaborate with functional experts to expand and share content, development and competency training in the areas of strategy, marketing, analytics and business development.
- Provide consulting and project management coaching to all strategists. Focus on direct report development and placement post-program; ensure strategists gain both broad exposure across 3M’s BGs as well as leadership and functional depth.
- Work with the Strategy & Business Development SVP, Corporate Strategy VP and SMD VP and other executive leaders to develop corporate issues, strategic plans, and enterprise analyses.
- Research and benchmark external best practices, new business models, frameworks and tools to bring fresh thinking into the organization.
- Support SMD operations by driving professional training and development, recruiting and on-boarding for strategists. Work closely with program coordinator to align with master calendar, master space plan, events and program communications.
- Build SMD brand internally and externally through impactful project results, project management and recruiting.