Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safe, green and connected solutions which are enabling the future of mobility. The company has over 160,000 employees across 15 technical centers and 126 manufacturing locations in 44 countries and generates over $14B in revenues per year.
This is an exciting, high-visibility and high-impact opportunity to help shape the course of one of the world’s leading automotive technology companies. As a member of the CTO Office, you will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer, Engineering Vice Presidents and other senior executives across our businesses to define, plan, and execute on Aptiv’s most pressing initiatives aimed at improving the way our teams operate every day to deliver best-in-industry solutions to our customers.
TOPICS AREAS WILL INCLUDE:
- Organization and operating model – Designing high-efficiency organizations with clear roles and responsibilities, decision-rights and operating cadences; developing stronger talent & capabilities; institutionalizing key leadership metrics / performance indicators to improve our executional effectiveness
- Processes and tools – Defining clear processes with strong governance mechanisms; enhancing engineering / management systems and toolchains
- Footprint strategy – Optimizing our global engineering footprint and facilities to enhance our capabilities, cost structure, and engineering capacity while maximizing proximity to our key customers
- Product management – Developing reusable products, platforms and solutions with clear governance & funding mechanisms for new product investments to help us scale our offerings at reduced cost
- Leading / managing large-scale transformation efforts involving key leaders from engineering, program management, product line management, and other functional areas
- Working closely with stakeholders in our businesses and corporate functions to drive foundational and positive change across our 18,000 member global engineering organization
- Shaping and driving content creation for executive leadership in key meetings (e.g. weekly / monthly reviews with Aptiv’s Board of Directors, CEO, Engineering Leadership Team, Business Presidents, etc.)