We transform the beauty industry by incubating and growing meaningful brands globally. Our deep understanding of the constant changing needs of the consumer allows us to create beauty brands that are newer, better, different, and relevant. We deliver full fragrance and beauty category management to leading speciality retailers from product creation and turnkey production, to market insight/trends and animation strategy. We work with beauty retailers such as Sephora and Ulta, specialty retailers such as H&M and Birchbox, as well as beauty brands such as Becca and Oribe.
Maesa’s CEO is looking for someone to join their growing company as a Strategy & Transformation Lead to support him for approx. 1.5 years through a period of high transformation (internally and in their markets / with their consumers). The Strategy & Transformation Lead reports directly to the CEO and will have daily interaction with the rest of the GMT and leaders in the businesses, as well as frequent contact with the Bain Capital team. After the transformation, the candidate will have a potential opportunity to move into another senior role within the wider business. Alternatively, the candidate could also be eligible for a Portfolio Group role at Bain Capital.
The role broadly consists of 3 components (although the exact role will be tailored to the specific candidate further):
- Support strategy development and implementation
- Coordinate and orchestrate the development of a strong strategic factbase
- Support the CEO by facilitating the development of a strategic plan, including value creation workshops, step back sessions
- Drive – with support – critical analytical deep dives for the CEO (e.g. marketing information)
- Support CEO in crafting actionable strategies and drive tangible action plans through the line organization by creating right governance, drumbeats, personal objectives, incentive systems – with as a start an articulation of the plan over the coming 2-3 months
- Be a strong ‘chief of staff’
- Create a high performance management cadence in the company (Ensure the ELT has clarity on objectives, decisions, follow-through and high calibre discussions, Ensure there is a strong ‘drumbeat’ (right cadence, high impact decision making, follow-through)
- Be a thought partner to the CEO: Take an ‘unbiased and independent’ view on complicated topics
- Set up and drive follow-through on cross-functional/ cross-regional projects for CEO
- ‘Fire fight’ specific high priority issues
- Support highly productive Board meetings
- Carry line responsibility in ELT for a number of critical topics that fall under CEO